Wm. G. Mather Elementary
School Annual Education Report
March 13, 2017
Dear Parents and Community Members:
We are pleased to present you with the Annual Education Report (AER), which provides key information on the 2015-16 educational progress for the Wm. G. Mather Elementary School. AER addresses the complex reporting information required by federal and state laws. The school’s report contains information about student assessment, Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) and teacher quality. If you have any questions about the AER, please contact Mr. Dee Jay Paquette for assistance.
The AER is available for you to review electronically by visiting the following web site at www.munisingschools.com , or you may review a copy from the principal’s office at your child’s school.
The state has identified some schools with the status of Reward, Focus or Priority. A Reward school is one that is outperforming other schools in achievement, growth, or is performing better than other schools with a similar student population. A Focus school is one that has a large achievement gap in 30% of its student achievement scores. A Priority school is one whose achievement and growth is in the lowest 5% of all schools in the state.
Our school has not been given one of these labels.
In addition to the data supplied in this report, State law requires that we also report the following additional information:
1. Students are assigned to Wm. G. Mather Elementary School based on their grade level. All students in grades K through 5 would go to Wm. G. Mather Elementary School.
2. The School Improvement Plan is reviewed and revised each school year by the School Improvement Team that meets monthly throughout the school year.
3. Wm. G. Mather Elementary School has an Early Childhood Developmental Program and a Preschool Program.
4. Wm. G. Mather Elementary School uses the core curriculum developed by the Michigan Department of Education. All grades follow the Grade Level Content Expectations. The entire curriculum, including the Michigan Merit Curriculum, can be accessed at the Michigan Department of Education website at www.michigan.gov/mde . All teachers in core areas have implemented this curriculum into their respective classes. If there are any variances from the state model, the variances are in addition to the required curriculum.
5. All student achievement results from the Michigan Educational Assessment Program are included in the data featured at the end of this report.
6. During the 2015-16 school year, 94% (287/305) of our parents attended the Parent/Teacher Conferences.
We are extremely proud of the performance and achievement of our Wm. G. Mather Elementary School students and of the dedication and professionalism of our teaching staff. Please do not hesitate to call me at 906-387-2102 to learn more about our school.
Dee Jay Paquette, Principal